Friday, March 18, 2011

A Journey to Take...

It has always been my dream to take a sight seeing trip across Europe and take LOTS of pictures.  The continent has always fascinated me with its vast amounts of history and buildings/monuments.  I could travel by plane over the Atlantic Ocean and land in England, my first stop.  It would be awesome to get my picture taken at Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station because I am such a Harry Potter fanatic.  Afterwards, I would spend a few days in Ireland.  One thing I would hope to do there is stare out into the beautiful rolling hills in a valley.  My next stop would be France and visit the famous Eiffel Tower.  II ist si beau. (It is so beautiful in French.)  The major country I would travel to Europe is Germany, or Deutshland.  I am learning German right now so I think it would be a good idea to put my current knowledge of the language to the test.  Our western civilization class is learning about ancient Rome, and that lead me to the idea to travel to Italy.  The Coliseum and the leaning Tower of Piza are two of the hundreds of things I could visit there.  I can only imagine what the pasta tastes like there, yum!  Finally, my trip would end at Greece.  The country has fascinated me, especially the history!  The myths of the Greek gods, goddesses, and heroes make the country so famous.  Just think-- how exciting would it be to walk into a  palace or temple where past rulers lived.  This trip would change my life because I could experience different cultures and customs in foreign countries.  I wish a journey like this was free, well I guess I better start saving up money for a plane ticket now!                  

No comments:

Post a Comment