Sunday, November 21, 2010

Book of the Month: My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper is a story about family, life, and death. Step inside Anna's world, where she has gone her whole life having surgery after surgery in order to keep her sister, Kate, alive.  Kate has leukemia, and Anna is the bone marrow match for Kate.  Anna was conceived to keep her sister alive.  Now that Anna is thirteen, she has had plenty of transplants to say enough is enough.  Anna has hired a lawyer to testify against her parents so she will never have to have another surgery, transplant, or transfusion again. Thoughout the book you will follow the trial and even read back in time to understand more about Kate and her disease. Told through the eyes of many characters, My Sister's Keeper will keep you on the edge of your seat full of many twists and turns.  It is a story about how we learn who we are and what our purpose in life is.  My Sister's Keeper will leave you in tears and mixed emotions.

If you finish My Sister's Keeper and want more, there is a movie based on the book as well.  There is a fair warning: the movie has been drastically changed. Personally I was very upset after I watched the end of the movie. So, if you choose to watch the book and see the movie one after another, don't say that I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment